Saturday, November 28, 2009

gratitude

warning: sappy

i have never considered myself an overly sentimental person but lately i'm such a sap. maybe it's all those folgers home-for-the-holidays commercials i've seen recently. maybe it's that i get to spend the holiday season at home this year relaxing and just enjoying my time. whatever the reason, i was so taken by a hallmark christmas commercial that today i bought whit one of their keepsake ornaments. it's so sweet and yes, so sappy.


i know a few girls who have known since they were small that what they really wanted to be in life was a mom. sure, they may have gotten an education and even pursued a career, but deep down they longed to be a mother. they just wanted babies and a life that involved endless wonderings and amazements at all things children related. i was never one of those girls. it's not that i never considered kids, it's just that i was having a lot of fun living a life full of other interests. at least i thought it was full... until this guy came. i never knew that i was missing something 'til now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ug the folgers commercials make me nuts! I'm not the type to let that stuff get to me, am I? Yet, EVERY YEAR I'm surprised by the "AWWWW..." reaction I get from them. I used to blame it on hormones but I think they just push my buttons...

Cute ornament! I'm shopping for baby ornaments right now for my 2, 1 yo nephews and a niece that's due in Dec. No luck so far but I may have to go to the Hallmark shop now :)